Sunday, June 27, 2004

Finally!!


After 5 months and various attempts, I finally was able to set up Therese's PC she purchased back in January! She "found" time and I was quick to get there early and get that thing set up and out of my place. We still had a problem with the internet connection working, but that will be resolved soon. Now, Therese is probably mad that Ive noted this day in my Blog. But how could I not?! This is a day to celebrate! I have reclaimed the large spot in my living room that was previously taken up by a large computer tower box. Sorry Therese, you have a new computer now. You are just going to have to grin and bare it. I know it sucks, I know its rough. But it will be ok. Life is good with a new computer. Thats why you bought it after all, isnt it?

On a totally different note, as I am typing this I just noticed the latest spam downloading into my inbox. The title is "READ THIS NOW!! IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR LOVE LIFE!!" Please! As if spam is going to help me in any way in that field. Ironically, my love life couldn't be going any better at this point in time anyhow. ;) It's good to be in Thorpeland right now. LOL And that's all I have to say about that. hehe

If you're up to seeing a funny movie, make sure and catch the new Ben Stiller movie "Dodge Ball". Freakin hilarious! I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long long time. Yes, the movie has cheezy moments. But it knows its cheezy and doesnt try to hide it. And that's part of what makes it so funny and enjoyable. It actually made me want to go out and play dodge ball. Ha!

For the first time in a while, I didnt get to get out on the lake on the jetski this weekend. Cloudy sky's and sporadic rain kept the aqua rocket on its trailer in the parking lot. No worries though. Its early in the summer and many hot dry Texas summer days are ahead! Jimmy and I are planning a July 4th cookout at the lake with some friends and the jetski's. Should be fun! I'll be taking pictures at that one for sure.

This weekend my old buddy Dan was back in town from L.A. He was my college roomie who now lives in California. He comes back every few months and visits or work sends him to their office here in Dallas. Friday night, Dan, me, Emily, Kirk and his girlfriend Jennifer met up near downtown Dallas at a place called "Hook, Line and Sinker". Its a nice little sea food place where you can sit outside and people watch. We had a good time hanging out and telling old stories of back in the day. Fun times.

Well its about 11pm on Sunday night and Im getting ready for a Monday and another work week. I guess Im rested up and ready to take it on. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Im off work next friday, making this only a 4 day work week for me. Woo whoo!! Then its a 5 day weekend for me as the 4th of July rolls around and Im taking an extra day off the next week too. Yay for me!

No comments: