Thursday, June 26, 2003

Evening Caller


Let me replay a scenario for you. Its Wednesday night. Im laying in bed, sound asleep. The phone rings. My eyes open and i roll over to look at the clock. It says 3:30AM!! Of course Im not getting up to answer it, so I lay there and wait for the machine to pick up. It does and suddenly I hear the strained, drunken voice of my friend Dan in California. Being that its 1:30AM there, he's probably out drinking with some buddies and thought he'd call me to say hello. Actually what he said when calling was unintelligable, even after listening to the message 3 times. All I could make out was, "Thorpe! I do think its.......... son of a........ where's my...." click. So Dan, if you read this, try to speak in complete sentences next time you call me, drunk, in the middle of the night. Thank you. :)
On another note, while building my mom's new PC so she can work at home, I got her a nice large 19 inch flat screen CRT monitor. Since her PC is not ready yet, I went ahead and set up the monitor on my own computer... you know, for quality assurance purposes only of course. Well, Im hooked. It looks so much better than my tiny 17 inch monitors. So ive decided to keep that one and just pick her up another one. Its well worth the crystal clear image and the larger details. Not to mention, games look incredible!
Before Im done I want to give kudos to my friend Craig. He went an entire co-op game of Ghost Recon WITHOUT firing one round of hot lead in to me... his own teamate. Well done Private!! Although, his virtual war campaign wasn't completly error free. While clearing a small 3 room building of rebels in a remote area of Ethiopia, Craig (Bravo Zulu), did manage to fire his M203 grenade launcher in to the wall at point blank range, killing us both. DOH!

No comments: