Monday, April 05, 2004

A Very Sad Day


Its a sad day in Thorpeland. This morning as I got up to make breakfast, I did my normaly routine of checking on my two hermit crabs Krusty and Sideshow Bob. To my dismay, I see Krusty's large shell upside down..... and EMPTY! My eyes quickly darted around the crabitat, soon to find him at the other side. He was laying on his back, dead. :( His little blue abdomen, curled up. I dont understand quite why he died. He had just finished his molting period successfully. He was up about about this past week, feeding, drinking and being quite active. I was very proud of him for bouncing back from his traumatic exo-skeleton shedding. I had been meticulous with this care and feeding. I will have to do some research to see what may have gone wrong. His little buddy, Sideshow Bob is still under the sand molting. I hope he pulls through ok when he wakes up and realizes his big buddy is gone. Sad days in the crabitat. :(

No comments: