Sunday, August 21, 2011

Be There!!
GalleryNight

Those who follow me on Facebook or Google+ have seen me post a few times about this event.  Well, the date is quickly upon us and if you live in the Dallas area and are looking for something fun to do on the night of Saturday August 27th, please come out and join the fun.  If you enjoy music, art and an energetic atmosphere then you'll have a good time.

A few people have asked me what this event is really all about.  In short, its an art/gallery night with live music.  I am one of the league photographers for the Dallas Derby Devils, the woman's flat-track roller derby league.  Gallery Night is the opportunity for myself and other derby photographers and artists to display their roller derby related work from the past year.  Of course this isn't an event limited to people in the derby community.  Its open to everyone and anyone who wants to come out and it's free to attend.  There will be live music from a band called "We're Not Dudes"...  which you really just have to see to believe.  I'm not going to spoil it, but they're good!! There will be snack foods and drinks and lots of very friendly folks to meet and talk to.  And of course all the art is for sale.  So if you see something you really like, you can make it yours!

So there you go.  Mark your calenders and clear your schedules.  If you have any questions about this event feel free to contact me.  I'll be there all evening and I hope everyone stops by my wall to view my derby photos and say hello.

See you this Saturday night!

No comments: