Saturday, January 24, 2004

Week In Review


Lets see where I left off. Ah, last friday night. That following saturday, I get a call from my buddy Craig. He says, "pack up your pc... LAN party!!" Turns out it as a Halo and Ghost Recon LAN party to be specific. And everyone else except for one other had Mac's. There were about 7 of us crammed into the living room of a small house. The floor was covered in wires, cables and hubs. We played for a couple hours then ordered pizza and drinks. Then, played on till about midnight. I was exhausted! Without missing a beat I was up the next morning at 8:30am for a Sunday paintball game down at the Corp of Engineers woodlands near the lake. Me and Courts get there and find we have 8 others already there! It turned out to be a great day of paintball. It was a little chilly but all the running and crawling thru the woods really helped keep everyone warm. I carried my camera with me for a couple rounds and took some pics. They are up on the site under Hobbies\Paintball. What i found funny was there are all these guys there with $200 plus guns and im getting just as many kills or more with my $20 paintball gun. Its gotta be the shoes? Or just my mad skills. haha We played till about 4:30 in the afternoon. A 20oz. tank of air and 1000 rounds of paintballs later I was home and beat. Spent the rest of the evening watching the NFL playoffs and vegging on the couch. It was nice. That night I went over to Val's and we decided to venture down to the new Jupiter Cafe coffee shop. We get there and even though its about midnight, the place is packed! Not an empty seat. So we got our coffee and Chai Tea and headed home. Monday we were off work for MLK day. I spent most of that chilling at the house cleaning the place up and working on a couple PC's. Nothing exciting. Tuesday comes and its back to work for the week. Whoopee! A pretty un-eventful week at work. We are preparing for the big ICMA conference we are hosting so we're working hard to show a clean house to our guests. Im not quite yet sure if I care. Thursday rolled around and it was time for my Dallas teams soccer game. We played a Mexican team who were very aggressive and almost violent in their style. I started the scoring off early with a back post header from a cross that looped over the defenders. At that point I thought we'd kill them. But they fought hard and scored a tying goal. It was deadlocked until late in the second half. They scored to make it 2-1. But in the end their rough play and fouls caught up with them. The whistle on the 6th foul meant a penalty shot for us! Our guy made the shot and it was tied 2-2. It ended that way and i was happy to get a point out of the game. Now, here we are back on a Friday. My mom leaves Sunday for Florida so I went up to their place to help her with some computer issues. I came back and jumped online for the traditional "freaky friday" on the RSi GR servers. We played till almost 2am! Man, what fun. Tomorrow I am suposed to have a first soccer practice with a new outdoor team ive joined. But it looks like it will be rained out. Which means I can make my GR training session at 1pm. Should be a good weekend. I'll update later on!

No comments: